END OF THE YEAR PARTY DETAILS!!
AeroPAC's Year end party is on December 2nd from 12:00 to 2:00pm.
- It will be held at Round Table Pizza (just like last year) 2200 4th street, San Rafael
- The BOD meeting will be held 11:00am to 12:00 pm at Round Table as well.
- Aeropac will supply pizza, salad and sodas.
- If you want beer or wine, you will have to purchase it. They have 6 types of beer on tap and several types of wine.
Spring Newsletter for 2018
It's that time of year again!
Due to Burning Man having an exclusive restricted access for Black Rock this time of year, they and the BLM require all participants in AeroPAC rocket launches print and post an Access Permit on a visible area on their vehicle(s).
They also require that all members coming out to the launch to follow the designated path as outlined in the Finding the launch site document.
- The speed limit along the Burning Man setup area is 20 MPH. There may be signs posted and the speed limit will be enforced. Go slow.
- It's probably a good idea to carry some sort of rocketry ID like a Tripoli or NAR card or even an Aeropac membership card.
- BLM Rangers, county sheriffs, and Burning Man police will be patrolling the playa to make sure that there are no unauthorized people out there. They may stop you and ask for your authorization to be there. The Access Permit (coming soon) that you printed out and put on your dash is your authorization.
-You should print out the map Finding the launch site even if you know how to get there. The authorities might ask for the map also.
This is what the permit should look like, click on this image to download the .PDF or you can download this image to a .JPG file.
with launch windows to 150,000'