Spring Newsletter for 2018
It's that time of year again!
Due to Burning Man having an exclusive restricted access for Black Rock this
time of year, they and the BLM require all participants in AeroPAC rocket
launches print and post an
on a visible area on their vehicle(s).
They also require that all members coming out to the launch to follow the
designated path as outlined in the Finding
the launch site document.
- The speed limit along the Burning Man setup area is 20 MPH. There may be signs
posted and the speed limit will be enforced. Go slow.
- It's probably a good idea to carry some sort of rocketry ID like a Tripoli or
NAR card or even an Aeropac membership card.
- BLM Rangers, county sheriffs, and Burning Man police will be patrolling the
playa to make sure that there are no unauthorized people out there. They may
stop you and ask for your authorization to be there. The
(coming soon) that you printed out and put on your dash is your authorization.
-You should print out the map Finding
the launch site even
if you know how to get there. The authorities might ask for the map also.
This is what the permit should look like, click on this image to download
the .PDF or you can download this image to a .JPG
All of AeroPac's launches are Research (or EX)
Daily Waiver is 60,000ft AGL
with launch windows to 150,000'
- Flights over 35,000' must obtain AeroPAC's approval
- Flights over 50,000' must ALSO obtain Tripoli approval -Section 5
- Club members meetings will be held at the launches on Saturday after the day waiver closes.
- Spectators must stay clear of the launch pads and any area where people are prepping research rockets and/or motors.
- Saturday (and sometimes Friday) Night launch with 7,500ft MSL (4,000 ft AGL) waiver, J motors and under. All HPR rockets must carry visible strobes.