Spring News Letter for 2017!
Due to Burning Man having an exclusive restricted
access for Black Rock this year, they and the BLM require all participants in
AeroPAC rocket launches print and post this
Permit (seen below) on a visible area on their vehicle(s).
They also require
that all members coming out to the launch to follow the designated path as
outlined in the
Finding the launch site document.
- The speed limit along the Burning Man setup area is 20 MPH. There may
be signs posted and the speed limit will be enforced. Go slow.
probably a good idea to carry some sort of rocketry ID like a Tripoli or NAR
card or even an Aeropac membership card.
- BLM Rangers, county sheriffs,
and Burning Man police will be patrolling the playa to make sure that there are
no unauthorized people out there. They may stop you and ask for your
authorization to be there. The
Permit that you printed out and put
on your dash is your authorization.
-You should print out the map
Finding the launch site even if you know how to get there. The authorities might ask for the
Finding the launch site
With that said, XPRS 2017 is here! Have you signed up on the
the strength of the club is in how we contribute to the launches! Sign up
All of AeroPac's launches are Research (or EX)
Daily Waiver is 60,000ft AGL
ARLISS/XPRS the military wants to do some training with GPS jamming so they
don't want us to encroach on their MOA. So no high flights (above 60k) for us
until next year
- Flights over 35,000' must obtain AeroPAC's approval
- Flights over 50,000' must ALSO obtain Tripoli approval -Section 5
- Club members meetings will be held at the launches on Saturday after the day waiver closes.
- Spectators must stay clear of the launch pads and any area where people are prepping research rockets and/or motors.
- Saturday (and sometimes Friday) Night launch with 7,500ft MSL (4,000 ft AGL) waiver, J motors and under. All HPR rockets must carry visible strobes.